|Using the Site||The recommended Software requirements for using the site.|
|Site Structure||The current organization of the Site.|
The web site is currently divided into nine sections:
- Home The home page is the first page that users see when they arrive at the web site. Users can access information about a variety of topics from this section:
- News - General information from and about the antiques and collectibles industry.
- Press Releases - Press releases from FindStolenArt.
- In the Press - News articles about FindStolenArt.
- Comments - letters and emails from the users of the web site.
- Resources - Information to help educate collectors, dealers, show promoters, auctioneers, dealers, appraisers, restorers and others on how to guard against thefts and what to do if they experience a theft.
- Stolen The Stolen section displays our online catalogue of Stolen Items which can be searched by keyword(s) or browsed by category.
- Recovered The Recovered section displays our catalogue of Recovered Items (works of art recovered by the police during their enquiries and for which the owners have not yet been identified).
- Account The Account section allows registered users to edit or update their profile and to add or remove items from the FindStolenArt database. This section of the site is password protected.
- Log Out The Log Out section enables the user to log out of their account. This is designed as a security measure to prevent unauthorised access to personal account details.
- Register The Register section allows viewers to apply for accounts at findstolenart.com.
- Contact The Contact section provides a form that enables users to send email to FindStolenArt. In addition, it also lists our contact details: postal address, telephone number and fax.
- Directory The Directory section lists the details of various business and organizations.
- Help The Help section contains information about how to use the site.
Screen Shot of the Home Page
Please note, You can move between sections at any time simply by clicking on the desired button in the Main Tool Bar. (The golden coloured strip at the top of the page.)
In order to aid navigation, the currently visible section has a lighter coloured button.
|Finding Information||Browsing or Searching the Site for information.|
|Stolen and Recovered Sections||Finding your way around the Stolen and Recovered sections of the site.|
|Object ID||The International standard for describing cultural objects.|
|Registering an interest in items in the FindStolenArt Database||What to do if you have any information regarding any of the Art or Antiques in the FindStolenArt database.|
|Reporting a Theft or a Recovery||How to have your Art or Antiques publicized in the FindStolenArt database.|
|Registering for an Account||How to set up your own Account at FindStolenArt.|
|Account Types||Description of the different Types of Account available for Users.|
|Account Section||Finding your way around the Account section.|
|Updating Your Profile||How to change the details of your Account Profile.|
|Updating Your Inventory||How to Add and remove items from your Account.|
|Upgrade Your Account||How to apply for an Account upgrade.|
|Problems Signing In?||If you cannot log in to your Account, read this topic.|
|Forgotten Your Password||Password Request Form.|